Swayam Talks – Terms & Conditions
Passion 360 Multimedia Private Limited, the parent company hereafter named as ‘Swayam Talks’ or ‘the Company’ or ‘We’ as may be required by the context, provides a personalized subscription service that allows our members to access videos, podcasts and other visual content streamed over the Internet to certain Internet-connected TVs, computers and smartphones. (“Swayam Talks content”)
1. Your Swayam Talks membership will continue until terminated. To use the Swayam Talks service you must have Internet access and a Swayam Talks ready device, and provide us with one or more Payment Methods. “Payment Method” means a current, valid, accepted method of payment, as may be updated from time to time, and which may include payment through your account with a third party.
2. We may offer a number of membership plans, including memberships offered by third parties in conjunction with the provision of their own products and services. We are not responsible for the products and services provided by such third parties. Some membership plans may have differing conditions and limitations, which will be disclosed at your sign-up or in other communications made available to you. You can find specific details regarding your Swayam Talks membership by visiting our website and clicking on the “My Account” link available at the top of the pages under your profile name.
We may from time to time offer special promotional offers, plans or memberships (“Offers”). Offer eligibility is determined by Swayam Talks at its sole discretion and we reserve the right to revoke an offer and put your account on hold in the event that we determine you are not eligible. Members of households with an existing or recent Swayam Talks membership may not be eligible for certain introductory offers. We may use information such as device ID, method of payment or an account email address used with an existing or recent Swayam Talks membership to determine Offer eligibility. The eligibility requirements and other limitations and conditions will be disclosed when you sign-up for the Offer or in other communications made available to you.
1. Billing Cycle. The length of your billing cycle will depend on the type of subscription that you choose when you signed up for the service. In some cases your payment date may change, for example if your Payment Method has not successfully settled, when you change your subscription plan or if your paid membership began on a day not contained in a given month. Visit our website or app and click on the “Subscription details” link on the “My Account” page to check the plan expiry date. We may authorize your Payment Method in anticipation of membership or service-related charges through various methods, including authorizing it for up to approximately one month of service as soon as you register. If you signed up for Swayam Talks using your account with a third party as a Payment Method, you can find the billing information about your Swayam Talks membership by visiting your account with the applicable third party.
2. Payment Methods. To use the Swayam Talks service you must provide one or more Payment Methods. You authorize us to charge any Payment Method associated with your account in case your primary Payment Method is declined or no longer available to us for payment of your subscription fee. You remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not cancel your account, we may suspend your access to the service until we have successfully charged a valid Payment Method. For some Payment Methods, the issuer may charge you certain fees, such as foreign transaction fees or other fees relating to the processing of your Payment Method. Local tax charges may vary depending on the Payment Method used. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
3. Updating your Payment Methods. We may also update your Payment Methods using information provided by the payment service providers. Following any update, you authorize us to continue to charge the applicable Payment Method(s).
4. Cancellation. You continue to have access to the Swayam Talks service through the end of your billing period. To the extent permitted by the applicable law, payments are non-refundable and we do not provide refunds or credits for any partial membership periods or unwatched Swayam Talks content. To see when your account will close, click “Subscription Details” on the “My Account” page. If you signed up for Swayam Talks using your account with a third party as a Payment Method and wish to cancel your Swayam Talks membership, you may need to do so through such third party, for example by visiting your account with the applicable third party and turning off auto-renew, or unsubscribing from the Swayam Talks service through that third party.
1. You must be at least 18 years of age to become a member of the Swayam Talks service. Minors may only use the service under the supervision of an adult.
2. The Swayam Talks service and any content viewed through the service are for your personal and non-commercial use only and may not be shared with individuals beyond your household. During your Swayam Talks membership we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access the Swayam Talks service and view Swayam Talks content. Except for the foregoing, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you. You agree not to use the service for public performances.
3. You may view the Swayam Talks content primarily within the country in which you have established your account and only in geographic locations where we offer our service and have licensed such content. The content that may be available to watch will vary by geographic location and will change from time to time. The number of devices on which you may simultaneously watch depends on your chosen subscription plan and is specified on the “My Account” page.
4. The Swayam Talks service, including the content library, is regularly updated. In addition, we continually test various aspects of our service, including our website, user interfaces, promotional features and availability of Swayam Talks content.
5. Some Swayam Talks content is available for temporary download and offline viewing on certain supported devices (“Offline Titles”). Limitations apply, including restrictions on the number of Offline Titles per account, the maximum number of devices that can contain Offline Titles, the time period within which you will need to begin viewing Offline Titles and how long the Offline Titles will remain accessible. Some Offline Titles may not be playable in certain countries and if you go online in a country where you would not be able to stream that Offline Title, the Offline Title will not be playable while you are in that country.
7. The quality of the display of the Swayam Talks content may vary from device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. HD, Ultra HD and HDR availability is subject to your Internet service and device capabilities. Not all content is available in all formats, such as HD, Ultra HD or HDR and not all subscription plans allow you to receive content in all formats. Default playback settings on cellular networks exclude HD, Ultra HD and HDR content. The minimum connection speed for SD quality is 1.0 Mbps; however, we recommend a faster connection for improved video quality. A download speed of at least 3.0 Mbps per stream is recommended to receive HD content (defined as a resolution of 720p or higher). A download speed of at least 15.0 Mbps per stream is recommended to receive Ultra HD (defined as a resolution of 4K or higher). You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. The time it takes to begin watching Swayam Talks content will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, the content you have selected and the configuration of your Swayam Talks ready device.
8.Swayam Talks software is developed by, or for, Swayam Talks and may solely be used for authorized streaming and viewing of Swayam Talks content through Swayam Talks ready devices. This software may vary by device and medium, and functionalities and features may also differ between devices. You acknowledge that the use of the service may require third party software that is subject to third party licenses. You agree that you may automatically receive updated versions of the Swayam Talks software and related third-party software.
The member who created the Swayam Talks account and whose Payment Method is charged (the “Account Owner”) is responsible for any activity that occurs through the Swayam Talks account. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the account (which would include information on viewing history for the account), the Account Owner should maintain control over the Swayam Talks ready devices that are used to access the service and not reveal the password or details of the Payment Method associated with the account to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold in order to protect you, Swayam Talks or our partners from identity theft or other fraudulent activity.
The Swayam Talks service is provided “as is” and without warranty or condition. In particular, our service may not be uninterrupted or error-free. You waive all special, indirect and consequential damages against us. These terms will not limit any non-waivable warranties or mandatory consumer protection rights that apply to you.
WHERE PERMITTED UNDER THE APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AND Swayam Talks AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, where permitted under the applicable law, unless both you and Swayam Talks agree otherwise, the court may not consolidate more than one person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
2. Unsolicited Materials. Swayam Talks does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for Swayam Talks content and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to Swayam Talks.
6. Electronic Communications. We will send you information relating to your account (e.g. payment authorizations, invoices, Payment Method, confirmation messages, notices) in electronic form only, for example via emails or sms to your email address or phone number respectively provided during your registration.